Select US Passport Service, or View Full Passport Service Details Below - ItsEasy

Here to help you get your passport; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week


Updated March 19, 2020

As you probably know, the situation with the COVID-19 Coronavirus Emergency is quite fluid with new directives being issued by the U.S. Department of State.

Expedited Passport Services in Less Than 2 Weeks

The regional Passport Agencies, under the direction of the U.S. Department of State, have ordered that such expedited Passport services shall now only be available under the following conditions:

Life-or-death emergencies are serious illnesses, injuries, or deaths in your immediate family (e.g. parent, sibling, aunt, uncle, etc) that require you to travel outside the United States within 72 hours (3 days).

To obtain an expedited Passport in less than 2 weeks, the traveler must meet the following conditions:

  • Proof of the Life-or-Death Emergency
    Support documents include: a death certificate, a statement from a mortuary, or a signed letter from a hospital or medical professional. Documents should be translated or in English.
  • Proof of International Travel
    Travel Itinerary showing reservation, ticket, or itinerary
For placing such Emergency Expedited Passport Orders, please contact ItsEasy by phone at 1-866-487-3279 to coordinate this Emergency Passport Service.

Read the U.S. Department of State Notice

Standard Passport RENEWAL Services in 3-8+ Weeks

As of today, the U.S. Department of State indicates that Standard Passport RENEWAL Processing Application will still be accepted for processing.

ItsEasy can help you with getting you your renewed U.S. Passport.

All Expedited (Less Than 2 Week) Passport Renewal Orders via ItsEasy will be converted to 3-8 Week Standard Processing orders, with fee adjustments accordingly.

The U.S. Department of State is advising citizens that their Standard processing times are likely longer than originally quoted:

  • "Expedited" 2-3 Week Service will now likely take 3-8 Weeks
  • "Non-Expedited" 4-6 Week Service will now likely take 8+ Weeks
You may order our Economical Passport Renewal Processing service via one of the following methods:

For those travelers needing New (or Replacement for Lost/Stolen) Passports, our best advice is to complete the DS-11 form and submit those directly at a Passport-supporting U.S. Post Office for 2-6 week service. ItsEasy cannot assist with these types of New/Replacement Passports at this time.

Please contact ItsEasy at 1-866-487-3279 for direct 1-1 assistance with your passport needs. We are here to help you during this challenging time.


Renew Passport

  • Applicant has most recent passport is in his or her possession, AND;
  • Applicant was 16 years or older when passport was issued AND;
  • Applicant's passport was issued within the past 15 years AND;
  • Applicant's passport is not damaged (normal wear & tear is acceptable).

New Passport

  • Applicant is a US citizen over 18 years old, AND;
  • Applicant has never had a U.S. Passport issued before, OR;
  • Applicant was under 16 years old when most recent passport was issued OR;
  • Applicant has not had a U.S. Passport issued for over 15 years.

Passport Name Change

  • Applicant has US passport is in his or her possession, AND;
  • Applicant has legally changed their name since most recent passport was issued AND;
  • Applicant's passport was issued within the past 15 years AND;
  • Applicant applicant was 16 years or older when passport was issued.

Replace Lost or Stolen Passport

  • Applicant is a US citizen over 18 years old AND;
  • Applicant is unable to locate his or her passport OR;
  • Applicant's passport was stolen.

Replace Damaged Passport

  • Applicant is a US citizen over 18 years old AND;
  • Applicant has damaged US passport in his or her possession

Second Passport

  • Applicant has a valid US passport is in his or her possession, AND;
  • Applicant was 16 years or older when passport was issued AND;
  • Applicant wishes to secure a duplicate, limited validity passport.


Children's Passports

  • Applicant is a US citizen under 16 years old, AND;
  • Applicant has never had a U.S. passport issued before, OR;
  • Applicant's passport has or will expire soon.

Replace Lost, Stolen or Damaged

  • Applicant is a US citizen over 16 years old AND;
  • Applicant is unable to locate his or her passport OR;
  • Applicant's passport was stolen or damaged.
U.S. Passport Image

US Passport Expediting Service

ItsEasy Passport is a national passport expediting service providing the highest level of service to millions of clients just like you. We have been expediting US passports for over 40 years and make obtaining your new passport, well... Easy.

Expedited US Passport Services

Whether you need a rush passport, you are renewing your US passport, you need to get a passport in a hurry, or require any of the other expedited passport services we offer, ItsEasy can get a passport application back to you quickly. We specialize in emergency passport situations that leave very little time to expedite passports and work closely with our clients to ensure that you receive your expedited passport in time for your trip. Expediting a passport can be a bit confusing and there are many online Internet companies that offer passport expediting services. ItsEasy is one of the oldest passport expediting firms dating back to 1976 and our clients return year after year and recommend their friends to us for passport and visa expediting services because we deliver what we say we will. If you need to expedite renewal of your passport or expedite a new passport, or RUSH passport services, ItsEasy is the right choice.

At ItsEasy Passports we know that you have many choices for expediting passports online and we thank you for choosing us. Still have US Passport questions? Contact our passport expediting specialist 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-866-ITS-EASY (487-3279).

Selecting Your Passport Processing Time

Passport service providers specialize in obtaining passports quickly. If you are not traveling any time soon and are just looking to get or update your passport, there are a few options available to you you can also find more information on our How to Get a Passport page.

The US State Department

  • Standard Processing this service can be obtained from local Post Offices and generally takes about 6 weeks.
    USPS Passport Application
  • Expedited Processing this service is also obtained from local Post Offices and generally takes about 2-3 weeks.
    Passport Post Office
  • Emergency Processing this service must be obtained in person at a US
    US Passport Agency DC
Passport Agency location. In order to visit a Passport Agency, you must contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 to book an appointment. Generally speaking, you can not show up in person without having an appointment. Emergency processing is only available to travelers departing the US within 2 weeks or those traveling in less than a month who are visiting a destination which requires a travel visa in advance.

The ItsEasy Passport & Visa App

The ItsEasy Mobile App is designed to assist travelers needing to obtain passports in 2-6 weeks. You can even take your passport photo directly in the app from the comfort of your home or office for free! View information about the Passport App for iTunes and Android platforms. Download the Passport App for Apple devices or Android devices
ItsEasy Passport & Photo App

How Long is a US Passport Valid?

A normal adult passport is valid for 10 years from the date of issue. Children's Passports (applicants under 16 years old) are valid for 5 years - infants may receive passports valid for one or two years. Generally US passports validity cannot be extended and must be renewed (replaced) upon expiration except by US Embassies in emergency situations. Note - children's passports cannot be renewed, children must apply for new passports. If you need to renew your passport you can order one here. In some cases, applicants may receive reduced validly passports as a result of a history of losing passports.
US Passport Validity

What is the 6 Month Validly Rule?

As a rule of thumb, US passports must be valid for a minimum of six months past the date of entry into a foreign country. This rule exists to protect the traveler should they encounter medical, legal or other issues resulting in an unforeseen extended stay in the country.

Some countries are more relaxed on this regulation. Most countries in Western Europe indicate three to six months of validity are required and countries such as Hong Kong routinely allow people to enter with one month of validly remaining. Any counties can and may enforce a six month policy at the discretion of the immigration officer. Airlines are also known to be conservative on passport validity so when in doubt, check with your airline.

Can I Use an Expired Passport?

No, an expired passport is not valid. You need to Renew Your Expired Passport

Can I Have Two Passports?

Persons making frequent international trips sometimes need a second passport The most common reason a second passport is required is that travelers must submit their passport to an embassy to secure a visa for travel to that country, however the person using his/her passport to travel to another country while the visa application is being processed. In such circumstances, the passport agency will issue a duplicate or second limited validity passport for a period of time - usually two years. To get a second passport, click here.

What Do I Do If I Lost My Passport?

If you are unable to locate your passport it is recommended that you file a report with your local police and submit a government form (DS-64) to the US State Department to invalidate that passport. You may submit a passport application for a lost or stolen replacement passport (you can not renew a passport you do not have in your possession) and submit the DS-64 form with your application for a passport. Full requirements can be found here.

Who Signs a Child's Passport?

If the child is under 16 a parent must sign the passport. In the space provided for the signature, the mother or father must print the child's name and then sign their own name with their signature and in parenthesis by the parent's signature, write the word (mother) or (father). See Children's Passports
Child Holding Passport in Airport

Related Passport Information Pages

New Passport, Rush Passport Service, Renew Passport, Get a Passport
Google Remarketing Tag